Wednesday, January 16, 2008

American Ethics

The definition of work ethics is as follows: A set of values based on the moral virtues of hard work and diligence. The Definition of ethics is: The study of the general nature of morals and of the specific moral choices to be made by a person; moral philosophy. The definition of situational ethics is: A system of ethics that evaluates acts in light of their situational context rather than by the application of moral absolutes.

There is NO situation where I will contradict my values of what is right. My career, my marriage, my position as an example to my children are just a few of the things that I would risk by so doing let alone my personal character or any possible chance of getting anything that I lost, back. It is not worth the hassle or effort to challenge or compromise all that I have worked for to lose it all.

There will be closed door meetings regarding national security. There will NOT be secret meetings to develop national energy policy. Lobbyists worst nightmares will be realized, as their needs will be addressed as deemed necessary by me and others on my staff whose values and ethics are equal to mine or higher! You can probably guess how often that will occur.

The secrets that MUST be kept secret from this country to maintain national security are the secrets that the American people understand and are willing to allow remain at the level where those who need to know, will. However, I believe that the majority of information that is For Official Use Only (FOUO) and all unclassified information is available to public domain and I encourage my fellow Americans to join me and be aware and educated in how this, your country works, and to be participants in how it works! No more unnecessary secrets on how your tax dollars are spent and while we're on it, there will be a budget towards how government spends YOUR money. There will be no more wasteful spending, there will be audits, checks and balances towards how money will be spent and how it is currently being spent to assure that every day, money control and budgeting is better than the day before.

No comments: